Night two. More blocking of steering column.
The more I compare this model kit to the artwork I want to deviate, but i’m still finding it useful blocking volumes against the kit.
Quick vintage grade using snapseed on my iphone
Game of Thrones had stolen my attention away from this but I’m glad to say I’ve finally come back to it.
Had been fairly focused on back end and although there is still work to do there my attention is shifting to the front. I finally managed to overcome some internal hesitation and begin refining.
Next I begin looking at the internal structures and steering column.
Been busy at work so slower progress than expected.
Blocked in most exterior shapes. Will begin blocking in interior structures next.
Found this in my Modo buffer. Partial surface material tagging using a modified turboSquid asset.
Four materials: Yellow, Chrome, Dark Metal and Glow.
It’s enjoyable testing the effect of different combinations and balance of 4 simple material types applied at a geometry polygon level.
VFX blog for experiments in CG.
3D Game Art